Meet Laura S. Jenkins
Laura graduated with honors from the University of South Carolina in 1997. During law school, Laura was on the Law Review, was active in the American Trial Lawyers Association trial competition, and received other academic honors.
Laura began her practice in 1997 working in civil litigation as defense attorney in automobile collisions and insurance law. Thereafter, Laura ran the North Carolina office for a multi-state firm, practicing as a Plaintiff’s attorney in the areas of worker’s compensation and personal injury, and other civil litigation.
From 2000 through 2003, Laura operated Laura S. Jenkins, P.C. serving the community mainly in the areas of worker’s compensation and personal injury. Starting in 2003, Ms. Jenkins worked as an associate attorney for the law office of James Scott Farrin in the areas of worker’s compensation and civil litigation of serious injury cases.
Since October 2004, Laura has re-established her own practice, with the goal of serving the community with the expertise that she has generated over her career. Laura S. Jenkins, PC is a small and expanding business and provides services in Spanish to better serve our Spanish-speaking population.
- University of South Carolina, Juris Doctor, 1997
Second Place ATLA trial competition
- North Carolina State University, Bachelor of Arts in Business Management, 1992
A.J. Fletcher Music Scholar
University and Chamber Choirs
Performer and back stage volunteer – theatrical productions
Legal and Community Involvement
- Admission North Carolina Bar, 1997
- Continuing legal education presenter for the North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Admission US District Court for the Eastern District of NC, 2000
- Professional Memberships:
- NC Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2000
- NCAJ Worker’s Compensation Section, 2000
- NCAJ AutoTorts Section, 2000
- Association of the Trial Lawyers of America, 2004
- Attorney/Coach for various High School NCATL mock trial teams
- Evaluative Judge for NCATL mock trial competition
- Leadership roles-parent volunteer organizations at Sanderson High School
- Leadership, backstage, volunteer, and performance roles at various triangle theaters
- Tutor for adults for Literacy Council of Wake County